Monday, March 2, 2009

Shelby's 15!



Today is Shelby's birthday - the first of all of ours in China. I brought box cake mixes and icing for all the birthdays, so today I am going to make her a cake. It will be interesting, because I can't find round cake pans, so we are making the cake in a rectangle pan. =o)

We went to one of the markets this morning and bought UGGS, tennis shoes, and jeans (Diesel & 7's). It was great fun, and I am so thankful to have Tammy as a great friend. She has given us so much - advice on getting around, interpretation books, letting us use her driver, loaning shoes to Sydni, you name it - THANKS TAMMY! I can assure you, without the hospitality we've received, this would be a totally different adventure.
This is Tammy and me outside the Addidas store. Also, Samantha and Shelby trying on jeans in the market.

We went and bought bikes today too. It was great fun, picking out our bikes. I was intrigued by each of the colors the girls decided on and their bells - must have a bell in Beijing. Tammy's driver brought us home, and went back and picked up our bikes. We are ready to travel!

After we returned home, we ordered Papa John's Pizza - oh so good! Tonight, we are going to the Hardrock Cafe, to celebrate Shelby's birthday.

I think the girls are going to get massages, manis, and pedis tomorrow. We will ride our bikes and get Starbucks first. Before we do, we will begin school. fun fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Coby,

    I can't wait to hear about the church and the first day of school. You are making Bejing sound very enticing. It also sounds like DC life is good preparation for a visit. We walk most places and, yes, we too are required to have bells on our bikes.

    Love Ya,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete