Friday, March 6, 2009

It's been a week!


We have been in China a little over a week - wow! We have settled into a school routine, learned how to order groceries online, bought bikes - we should survive! =o)

Wednesday, Matt, the girls, and I took a mini tour of the school the girls will attend in the fall. (Samantha stayed home to meet the grocery delivery guy.) They really liked the people we met and the school is incredible! Shelby is excited about volleyball next year, but I think she kind of wishes rugby wasn't the same season. They will be touring during school one day next week.

They have each made at least one friend who goes to both our church and ISB. Sydni went to jr. high youth with her friend Wednesday, and Shelby rode her bike to h.s. youth and back with her friend. I am so excited they are getting connected so quickly.

I have been so amazed at the women here - Expat women. I have been taken in and made to feel like I belong here and have been a friend of theirs for years. I went to a BS yesterday, and it was so good. I feel very welcomed, and know the girls and Matt do too.

Today I am on the quest to find a kitchen trash can. You'd think it wasn't that hard, but it is - at least for me. Wal-Mart didn't have one. Samantha's bed will be delivered today, and we will be busy doing all sorts of things today & this weekend. Shelby is wanting to have a friend over this afternoon - maybe a wii/ps2 evening?.

All in all, life is pretty much the same, only a different location. We miss everyone back home, but are really glad we're plugging in so well here.

Blessings.

1 comment: