Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The life I live

Here's the latest on our life:

~ I think Matt and the girls have almost recovered from their horseback riding expedition. Unbeknown to them, it was English saddle riding. They have blisters in places I didn't know you could get blisters from riding. HA! Poor guys. They had fun and learned a thing or 2 about how Chinese view horses - WAY different from the states.

~ The girls have begun swimming at the club house daily. They ride their bikes there and back. I guess we have PE covered for now. I have to share a funny story about it: Samantha told Shelby to swim a couple of laps "freestyle," and Shelby began. After a few strokes, she turned to her side and swam, and threw in a few other strokes as well. Samantha couldn't figure out what she was doing and asked her about it. Shelby then responded with, "I am! You said it was free style, and I am doing different styles." I thought it was funny. It may not sound as funny on here, but it was hilarious.

~We have our driver, and his name is James. We absolutely love him. He speaks very good English. He has a daughter, and has a great deal of patience and understanding with our 3. We are excited to be able to go and do "mini field trips" with him.

~We are in the throws of homeschooling. It has been interesting and fun. Samantha is really helping with some of their work. It is a joy to have all 4 of us work together on things. We are going to make a mouse trap marsh-mellow catapult this week - simple machines. =o)

~Hope you all have a great week! More stories later, I'm sure. We will be getting all of our shots next Monday. This is a huge thing - I think we will reward ourselves with pedicures or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment