Tuesday, March 3, 2009

School - Back to reality!


We started our first day of school today. Reentry was minimally painful - I am sure the novelty will wear off soon. One thing about it, they are motivated to get their work done, so they can hop on those new cruisers and mill about town. Our landlord is picking them up soon, and they are going to get pedicures. They will take a taxi back to our house when they're done. That should be interesting. =o) I have ordered some groceries and things via the internet, and it is going to be delivered soon. Wow! I wish they had this in the states... it is great! Everything is available - from cleaning supplies to fresh produce. They are even starting an electronics department. It is so wonderful! I want to give a huge thank you to Heidi Frago for doing Skype Math with Sydni. It is no secret that I don't "speak math," so when we decided to finish the year homeschooling, I was a bit in a panic as to what to do. As it has worked out, Mrs. Frago is able to do math with Sydni during the evening (which is our morning). How wonderful! Thanks, Heidi! Tomorrow, we are going to tour the school they will attend in the fall. We will ride our new bikes over and see what the campus looks like, and hopefully meet some of the faculty. I will get back to you on how that goes. Our landlords came by today with this HUGE basket of fruit: pineapple, strawberries, bananas, dragon fruit, and some other stuff I didn't recognize. They also brought organic sweet potato chips, which are so good! What excited me most was he showed me how to work the dishwasher. It is a European make - and I didn't have a clue how to work it - not to mention the words on the front are in Chinese. Our landlords are funny - a nice couple who spent many years in the US. I begin a Bible Study this Thursday - I am excited about it. The women are wonderful, and they are going through the book of Luke - a chapter a week. What a wonderful way to get into the "meat" of the Word.

I hope you are all enjoying this blog - it has been fun to write.

Be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, Coby! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences in China ... a place I know so little about ... it sounds fascinating, and not as different as I thought it would be! Or are you saving that for another blog entry, lol?! I am humbled and inspired by your family's leap of faith. The Lord will bless it! You're always safest and happiest when you are where God wants you to be. Can't wait to read what happens next....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete