Monday, February 23, 2009

Last Days


Well, I have just spent my last night in my home, and woke up to rain (how befitting?). We have a total of about 22 bags including carry-ons- you'd think we didn't ship anything beforehand. 2 men who work with Matt are going to drive us down to LAX, and I will be interested to see how just 5 of us wrangle 22 bags, ha!

We have a few things to take to storage today, and tidy up around the house. I will miss my house, but am excited for my house in China. Home, to me, is where the Lord dwells - and my family. So, I have no doubt it will be "home" in no time.

We all have our computers, ipods, books, ds game, sewing, crocheting, etc. ready to do on the plane. I have made sure everone has a neck pillow, ear plugs, and eye patches. We are hoping to stay awake for at least the first few hours of the flight. I am sleepy just thinking it! Not sure it will happen. We leave at 12:30 am, and I usually go to sleep about 9.

We will completely lose Tuesday. We land 5:30 am China time, which will be Tuesday afternoon in the States. Once we get to the house, I am sure all computers will be up and running first thing. We are going to try to stay awake all day, to adjust to the time.

I will be posting a blog when we arrive. Hopefully, I'll put a few pics up too.

Be blessed -Talk Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment